Sunday, December 15, 2013

Portfolio

Social media is on the rise, and, with that, knowing how to utilize social media is becoming increasingly important.

I have always wanted to start blogs, but never knew what to write. I did a poll for my political blog to see what people thought I should write about. The options were narrowed down, and exploring politics came out as the top choice. Doing research was very interesting, but writing about politics proved to be difficult. There were times, even after I had done over an hour of research, that I still wasn't sure what I was writing about. It was difficult to sound well-educated rather than ill-informed in my writing. One aspect I liked blog writing was that I was able to incorporate other blogs or YouTube videos to back up my points or to help me better explain something. I honestly think that was one of my strong points in my blog writing - my ability to create a conversation that wasn't completely one-sided. 

Although I have been a journalism student for three years now, I have never had to incorporate different aspects of media in my stories. Having to incorporate various media sources in my stories made it slightly difficult. Photography was one of my strong suits in my stories. I am still shaky on my video editing skills, but now I know how to make a Youtube video whereas I did not before. I also know how to record and use audio now. For example, in my story about the train that runs in front of the Riverview Suites, I took a recording of the train as it passed by and utilized it in the story.

I would like to utilize more social media aspects in my writing in the future, especially for the Connector. I feel as though I have gained a solid foundation, but I still have much to work on. 


Three best blog posts: 


Journalism stories: 





No comments:

Post a Comment