Monday, November 18, 2013

Writer's Memo for Story 3

It took me a while to figure out what I wanted to write about for Story 3. I debated writing an Onion-type piece, but it's a lot more difficult to write a satire than I originally thought.

I have always been a big list-writer, so I thought I would utilize that for my story. I also have a friend who has introduced me to a lot of really good, obscure movies, so I thought I would use that to my advantage.

I have never really written movie reviews before, so that is a new style of writing I need to get better at. I also need to get better at synthesizing a movie plot into a few sentences without being bland. It's hard to write about the movie without giving the plot away.

Uploading my video was also very easy. For the next story I need to work on editing my video. I received some recommendations to do a video clip that includes all the movies in one video, and that I should add voice-overs and introductions for each movie.

Overall, I like this piece because I really like sharing my favorite movies. This piece allowed me to combine my love of lists with my love of movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment