Monday, October 21, 2013

Writer's Memo for Story Two

I had a little bit of trouble with story two because I thought I would be able to find out more information about the train itself. There was no information available about which company owns the freight train, the train schedule, or even where its station is located.

The story still came together, however, because I was able to focus on the train in a different way. I focused on the students' perspective of having a train in front of their residence hall.

I feel like I present both sides of the story without bias. I have quotes from students who dislike the train, and a quote from a student who likes the train. I also have quotes from an administrator.

As usual, the weakness of my story is my transitions. I am still working on the flow of the story and making it flow well without any awkward breaks or sentence structures.

Overall, I am pleased with how the story turned out. 



No comments:

Post a Comment