Monday, September 30, 2013

Writer's Memo for Story 1

Writer's Memo: 

I think this is one of the better articles that I have written. My strong points are my lede and nutgraf, and transitions are my weakness. 

This is the first time I have really liked my lede. I usually have trouble writing a lede that it both catchy but still appropriate for a news article, as opposed to an editorial. I liked using an anecdote for the lede because I think it gave the story a little bit of life. Usually I also have trouble with nutgrafs, as I write too much factual information, so that it almost sounds like I am giving the reader a list. I think this nut graf flows a little better.

My biggest weakness is my inability to transition smoothly. This was my problem in Intro to Journalism as well. It's amazing how a sentence or two can really help bring the article together. My goal is to get better with transitioning in my articles. 

Overall, I think my article came out pretty well. I am interested to see how I do with transitioning on the next story.  






No comments:

Post a Comment